The Canyon Lake pool will be offering seven weeks of swim lessons beginning June 14. In-person registration begins on Monday, April 19, at 9 a.m. at the pool office. Classes fill up fast, early registration is recommended.
Thirty-minute swim lessons are offered Monday through Friday at 10:15 and 11 a.m. The cost is $85 for the first week and $55 for the second week or for an additional child. The third week is free. One “free week” per family. The cost of additional weeks is $50 per week.
- Week 1: June 14-18
- Week 2: June 21-25
- Week 3: June 28-July 2 (classes start at 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. this week)
- Week 4: July 5-9
- Week 5: July 12-16
- Week 6: July 19-23
- Week 7: July 26-30 (level 1 and 2 only)
- Tot Swim: Face into the water and introduction to floating
- Level 1: Kicking and safety rules
- Level 2: Holding breath for three seconds, introduction to retrieving objects with no support, and turn back/front
- Level 3: Introduction to diving and retrieving objects with no support
- Level 4: Elementary backstroke, standing dive, and treading
- Level 5: Breaststroke, butterfly, and alternate breathing
- Level 6: Front crawl 100 yards
- Level 7: Front crawl 200 yards, back crawl 100 yards, and rescue skills
Adult swim lessons are available upon request. The pool is also offering water polo lessons for all ages.
For more information, contact the pool office at 951-244-6841, ext. 617.